Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Night

OK, some of those near and dear are going to be surprised by this post. There, I said it.
What is the deal with the Oscars.....?????????
I do not think these people need awards. I mean, they are AWARDED millions of dollars for acting in a movie. OK, sometimes we get a longshot nominee that nobody has ever heard of... BUT, still. Another thing, I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the red carpet awards... I liked seeing the celebs and the glitz. I don't even like that anymore, they have nothing to do with how they look. I mean they did not pick it, put it on, or even pay for it! So, move over Oscar, we are in a recession, and we need something a little more exciting to watch on TV.... Thank God Amazing Race is on tonight!

5 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Amen on all counts - except for Amazing Race : )

Aggie99 said...

I totally get your point and I usually don't really pay much attention to it either. If my "vampire" wasn't a part of it tonight, I probably wouldn't have tuned in. :)

Good to see see yesterday and finally meet Gates in person!

Amy said...

I am so with you. I watched about 5 minutes. I do like to see the pretty dresses but can do that the next morning on the internet. The 5 minutes I did see made me cry but that is only because I'm a huge musical dork and how can you not cry when Heath Ledger wins and his family speaks about celebrating his life. I watched The Amazing Race and I Love Money 2 and went to sleep at 10.

The Edwards said...

I miss Joan Rivers. She's all I cared about.

Holly said...

I'm with you! Put some real heroes on the television and give them awards!