Sunday, October 18, 2009

Okay, here is the situation. Let me paint a picture for you, and at the end tell me if you would be shocked...
Brandon, his mom, Gates and myself went to lunch today at Fuddrucker's. We got there at 11:00. We go there because it is kid friendly. We are enjoying our lunch and chitchatting. Gates (who is 18 months old) let out some squeals. Now, I will admit it is annoying and loud, but she is a baby and cannot talk... So this man and his two teenager sons sat down at a table next to us. At one point the man looked at us and said "shit" Brandon said, "What's that Buddy".... He continued the entire meal acting annoyed. Lots of kids were there. So we were leaving, and I just went over and gently (although I was mad and it wasn't all that kind) said, "I am so sorry for the noise, I guess you have never had kids." His response... are you ready?? "I have kids, and I also have a belt, you have to discipline your kids!!!!
I have never been so shocked!!!

8 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a nasty man! I am so sorry!

Ruth said...

WOW. That is terrible! So sorry!

Amy said...

Gotta love the Texas Sized A-holes.

Katie E said...

1. He's eating at Fudruckers ....any place with a hamburger bar is fair game for squeeling kids.
2. Hope he's saving up rehab money for those teenagers.

Diane said...

1. He had the option to be re-seated at a different table.
2. Bet his kids cried constantly and acted out in public at age 9.
3. You are cool for confronting him.
4. You are a fierce mama hen---and that is great!

The Hake Family said...

The two sons were probably out on a visit from juvie and they only had time for a quick Fuddruckers meal : )

shelle said...

I'm sure he is father of the year if he disciplined his 18 month old with a belt. Good for you for confronting the jerk!!

Mom said...

wow did you have steam coming out of your ears.. so sorry for you.