Thursday, March 12, 2009

We have a sick kiddo over here at the Oakley House. Gates woke up this morning with a temperature and a runny nose. I took her in to the doctor, and she has a virus. Most likely it will run its course (via the nose), and she will feel better soon.

The timing of this illness was not very good. Last night, and I hesitate to even write this, Gates ate the grossest thing a kid can eat. That is right, dog do-do. :(
Scrabble has a problem with the rain, and she dropped a little pellet on the floor before she could make it out. Unfortunately, I did not see the pellet until it was coming out of Gates's mouth.
I confessed to the doctor, and luckily she laughed instead of sending me to CPS. She said it is not related.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Pax picked up dog doo at the park and tried to eat it several months ago. He was horrified at the taste. I hope Gates is feeling better soon.

Katie said...

Did they give you any drugs? J has something right now ... no fever, but a very runny nose and I was thinking of taking him in tomorrow. Sorry about the poo - happens to the best of us!!!

Holly said...

When I told Gates to "eat shit" last time I saw her, I wasn't being serious! :)