Saturday, August 22, 2009

Well, here it is. I went to the Emergency Room today and "am in the process" of having a miscarriage. This is completely disturbing to me, and for some reason I thought that I was immune to this. I am not. I know, that I was not far along, and I am thankful that I never heard the baby's heart, or saw her picture. It doesn't make it easier. It is heartbreaking to me. I know it is for Brandon as well. I just have to believe that our baby was not formed, and that something was terribly wrong with her. I must believe that it is easier to know now and early. The doctor says that we will be able to have a healthy pregnancy, and baby. Still, it is not easier. I hate that every time I use the restroom I have to be reminded of what has happened to my body. It is impossible to not second guess every single thing that I have done the last month. I know that this happens, and logically, I understand that I did not cause it. Still, I ask myself if maybe riding a roller coaster before I knew was the cause or could telling everyone so early have caused it? Like I said, logically, I know it was not the cause, but those thoughts still make their way into my head. We will be OK. I am so lucky and happy to have such support and such caring people around. I thank you for that.

11 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Can't say enough how sorry I am. I am here if you need anything.

Katie E said...

Mal you have the most beautiful heart - I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. I'm praying for you.

Holly said...

I love you my sweet friend. I'm so, so sorry that you're having to face this major sadness and loss. I'm praying for you what Philippians 4:7says, "And the peace of God, which passes ALL understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus."
I'm here for you.
Love,
Holly

Diane said...

Mallie
The Oakley Family is in the prayers of many people. Take care of yourself and remember that your hormones will have an impact on your emotions as well.

Heather said...

Oh Mallie, I am so sorry :( Let us know if you need anything at all.

Aggie99 said...

Mallie, I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time but I admire your strength to share it here on your blog. A very close friend of mine suffered a miscarriage last weekend and I know no matter how much you tell yourself "there's a reason," it doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Zoe-D said...

Mallie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. You're in my prayers.

shelle said...

I am so sorry...You and your family are in my thoughts.

AtwoodArena said...

Mallie,
I am so sorry! I keep up with your blog through Annie. I will be praying for you and Brandon.
Courtney Atwood

Sydney said...

Mallie- Holly told me last weekend and you have been on my mind so much. I am so sorry!
Praying for total healing for your body, mind and heart.
Psalm 147:3

Prazaks said...

I am so sorry Mallie. I haven't been to your blog in awhile or spoken with you so I ihad no idea this happened. You are in my thoughts and prayers.