Tuesday, January 19, 2010

talking kids

OK, some moms I know always talk about all the words their kids know. Now, this is great, but I wonder how many other moms feel such accomplishment when they FINALLY figure out what the kid is trying to get across??? For example, today Gates would not leave the garage. She kept pointing to the car and saying axie. axie. axie. Well, she was eating some m&ms in the car, she was drinking some drink... what could this word be? Finally, I understand that she wants her pacifier. Duh. Anyways, when I figured it out she nodded and said yeah, yeah, axie axie... I felt if I won a race or finished a difficult puzzle.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I feel it. It's like solving a mystery.

Katie E said...

I always have to have my secret decoder ring ready for Jacob's "words"!