Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day

Well, it has come and gone. My first day back to work was... fine. My mom came and spent two nights with us and is watching Gates while I go to training. Thank God for mom. I felt much better leaving my sweet lady, with my sweet mom. It seems that Gates had a wonderful day and enjoyed my mom's company. I had a not too bad day, and did not really enjoy the company of American Airlines. (am I a pessimist or what?? )

Honestly, I DREAD going to training every year. I hate it. We have to do these evacuation drills and I guess it just brings back the Fear of God from training. I always think I will mess up. I get a sickish feeling in my stomach, and sweaty palms, and I get scared. Another thing left over from training, I am STILL the youngest person. I hop in there like some sort of young cookie! Weird, I know. But, honestly, today some senior flight attendant told me how junior I was and how I have not been flying long. OK, I have been flying almost 9 years, THAT IS A LONG TIME. Long enough to know how to make muffins, anyways. :)

All in all I had a nice experience. I appreciate all of the nice words from you sweet friends, and the encouragement too!

6 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

I am glad it went okay. I was thinking about you!

Ruth said...

Me, too!

shelle said...

going back to work is always hard but I know you'll do fine....and I agree 9 years is a long time!

Aggie99 said...

I was thinking about you today and wondering when you went back...I knew it was soon. I'm glad it went well!

:)
Daon

Zoe-D said...

Congrats on making it through your first day back! Not easy. :-(

Holly said...

You should have stepped on her toe! Glad that it went okay...I've been saying prayers for you!