Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Four Month Shots!

First of all, I can not believe I have a 4 month old baby! The time has really flown by. Today we went to the doctor, Gates did so good. Last time, she cried for an hour, the ENTIRE time we were in there. (and then some) Today, was the opposite, she was laughing and smiling. She was laughing when I laid her down, then she cried like bloody hell when the stuck her. Such a sad, quick change of emotions. I cried too. It is just so shocking, seeing you wee one cry like that.

Gates weighs 15.3 she is in the 75-90% for weight (seems like a big gap to me, but I'm no doc) She is 26 1/2 inches long. She is off the charts for length. The nurse measured her and left the room, she came back and said, "Let me measure her again."

He said that her head is looking good. In the beginning, he mentioned she might need a helmet.
The biggest news of the appointment is that we need to start letting her go to sleep while she is awake. So, we will be letting her cry it out. That's right Mom, cry it out. He said let her cry for an hour without going in. Dear God, I hope she does not cry for an hour. On the advice of a friend I think I will take a shower right after I put her down. If she is still crying when I get dry and clothed, I think that I will have some wine. :) (which could be a different problem altogether if she cries too long)....

Thanks Ruth, for the advice about taking her alone to the doc. It was a much easier trip. I am very lucky to have you ladies ahead of me. It is nice to be able to get pointers and hear your stories. I will probably need more reminding over the next few days (hopefully it only takes that long) as Gates is "crying it out"

1 comment:

Ruth said...

You are welcome! Hang in there with the crying it out. It will be best for all of y'all in the long run, just really hard (and tiring) in the short term. You are an awesome mom, and Gates is so lucky to have y'all as parents!