Saturday, August 16, 2008

We have had a really fun last few days! Last night we went over to the Rapp's house and had dinner. We got to see their new house, and it is so pretty and Gates loved all of Clayton's toys! Sometimes we wish we lived a little bit closer, so that we could see Brandon's family more often.
Today, I went to two baby showers. Why does it always happen like that? You click along with no parties for a while, and then bam 2 on the same day. Seems like it is always the case. Anyways, while I was showering the future mommies, Brandon parented Gates. (I do not want to say babysitting, as he is the baby's father, and thus void of babysitting) He said they had a great time, but he has still not seen her roll. I promise him that it is true though.

My sister in law is a freshman at Auburn. For all of you wonderful friends that wrote her recs for rush, thank you. You might be interested to know that she pledged Alpha Chi Omega. Thanks again, to all of you wonderful sorority friends who helped and wrote recs for her, she had a great and happy rush experience.

We will be going to the doctor on the 20th, and getting 4th month shots. I will be taking her alone this time, and am kind of scared/sad. I hope she does not cry too much.

I go back to work on the 28th. I have 12 days left of nonworking. I will do training on the 28th and 29th. I am nervous. I have not flown in a year, I hope I remember all of the stuff!! What if I fail the test? That would be drastic. :) Anyways, I will start reserve in September. September is probably going to be a bit tough on all of us, b/c I can not drop trips and I have no control over anything. We will do it though. I have a sneaky feeling that it will help Brandon appreciate me as a mom, and it will help me appreciate Brandon as a working dad. I quote him now, "You act like I go off to summer camp everyday" Sometimes I do get jealous of that alone time he has in the car or at lunch, or the interaction he has with his coworkers. I will try and remind myself of all of that when I am going to work.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Time just keeps speeding up. You will do great at AA. I am so proud of Gates for getting the roll down. She is such a cutie.I look forward to seeing you both!

LynnAnn said...

Mallie - I tried to leave a comment a minute ago and then it vanished! Anyway - you are going to have so many fun stories about your flights to share with Gates (you know, later- when she fully understands you!). She is going to love your return home as much as you do!