Thursday, January 15, 2009

Diary of a Mad White Woman

Well, today I lost it! I went mad, I mean MAD. Like mad as in CRAZY! Crazier than any of those bachelor chicks, just completely nutso.
It started out innocently enough, Gates is teething and actually pretty happy. I have been home with her and off of work since the 20th of December. Don't get me wrong here, I love my kid and I love being at home with her... That said, today my pot boiled over.

I was feeling kind of blue already, and when I was doing the dishes I noticed the water backing up in our sink, then I noticed water on the floor. I then realized that it is leaking underneath the sink! This is the "boiling point" the moment it shifted for me today...

I called Brandon (poor Brandon) and told him I was losing it, that my baby was crying, my eyes were tired, and my kitchen was flooding. Now, by flooding I mean small amount of water underneath the sink... :) I then lashed out completely telling him that I need some help, that I needed a break. he kindly said, "do you think maybe you are taking your frustrations out on me?" In my head, I thought "yes". In reality, I said... "no, I need help, you need to stay home and watch Gates all day and I need a break, and I can not fix this sink, either!"

We hang up, and I call my friend. I was telling her all about this, and that I knew I boiled, but I just was still boiling and blah, blah....

Just as I am getting to the peak of my bitching, in comes Brandon. He is there to fix the sink, he says he will take Gates for the rest of the day, when he is done.
Nice, let me hang up with my friend, and quit complaining..... :0

I do know that this makes me sound crazy. I am.

This said, this stay at home mother thing is HARD. Much harder than I ever thought. I know because I have a job, and going to that job, is a break for me.
Also, I love my little baby and husband more than life. I hope that I am normal in feeling these things, I certainly do not think it takes anything away from my love for them.

10 comments:

The Hake Family said...

You are totally normal! I'm guessing you are going to get alot of shout outs on this subject. We all boil - just ask Jon : )

Aggie99 said...

Obviously not being a mom, I can't speak first hand on the subject; however, I do know that pretty much most of the women I work with consider their time here at the office a break...the one time they actually can have some time to themselves, or have an adult conversation, or cruise the internet for a bit if the mood strikes.

Hang in there!

The Edwards said...

So at 5 AM this morning I was crying and carrying a screaming toddler ..... so yes, you're normal! Or - we're both crazy.

Meggan and Trent said...

So normal. Cannot even begin to tell you how normal...

Amy said...

Don't forget how close I am if you ever want to get out of the house in a flash!!

Ruth said...

Um...I pretty much boil once a week! You are perfectly normal! Kudos to Brandon for helping out when you needed it the most!

Mommy of Two said...

Been there, done that SOOOO many times. You aren't going crazy. :)

shelle said...

This sort of craziness comes with the territory and is completely normal. We all have those days.

Sydney said...

So very normal! It is hard work to be full-time Mommy and manager of the household and get it all done during a tiny nap window. With my four kids (all under 3 1/2) my boiling point is much lower, but thank the Lord for great husbands who come rescue us- Good for Brandon!

Mom said...

Someone needs to write a book about how to stay sane after the baby comes...
;)