Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The flu is here. Gates had a seasonal flu shot. She did not have the H1N1 flu shot. I feel like that is the strand visiting our house. I feel terrible for not being more proactive and finding the H1N1 shot. I urge you mothers to go and find it. Get them both. It is so pitiful to see your little baby so sick. Trust me on this, too, you do not want your baby to have to get a chest x-ray. Getting shots does not hold a candle to this business! It was terrible for everyone involved. Gates is feeling so much better today, and the motrin is keeping her fever down. Please keep a speedy recovery and as my MIL put it a "strong resistance" for Brandon, Grandear, and me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Aggie99 said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for Gates and that the rest of your family stays healthy!

I've heard that gargling salt water and using a saline nasal spray two/three times a day can help flush out the germies. I have no idea if it really works but I figure it can't hurt. And I will admit to doing it prior to getting my piggy flu shot because I was sooo paranoid.