Thursday, September 4, 2008

All I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned From My.... Flight Attendant.

That's right flight attendant. In this case, I am the teacher. As you can probably tell by the title of this post, I have returned to my glamorous job. I had forgotten, in the last year of no flying, how the air affects folks. Something about getting in a plane and flying around, makes people go crazy. Could it be because there is less oxygen? Could it be the confined spaces? I do not know, but I am going to give you a few little tips, so you can avoid being a crazy!



First, bring a snack. The prices have gone up since I left. They have a new little nut/cheese snack for 4 dollars. Please save your money, you would have to be nuts to buy this cheesey little thing. The cocktails are now 6 bucks. Sometimes you need one, however, do not get drunk... This could lead to big complications and craziness. The rest of the snacks onboard can all be found in the airport store for 1/2 the price, or, even better, at the local Wal-Mart for mere fractions of the cost! Save your money!!!



2. Never use the blankets. Now, this is especially true for airplanes however, I think it is a pretty good idea to follow anywhere you are. If you did not wash this thing yourself, (or know the person that did) then, How do you know it is clean?? Get my point here? They are disgusting. They are not clean, the man right before you slobbered all over that thing and I have even seen them being used to clean up "messes".



3. When in a hotel do not slam your doors and yell to your friend down the hall. Lots of folks are getting up early in the morning and are actually there trying to get some sleep. I have been guilty of this one, too. That is, before I was a flight attendant. Now, I am the chick who calls the security people to tell you to settle down! Well, sometimes I just call your room directly when my alarm goes off at 4:00 AM, and again before I leave at 5:00. This, too can be applied to everyday life. Nobody wants to hear your business or your loud obnoxious voice, so keep it simple, keep it down, and really, there is no good reason to slam doors!



4. The loud obnoxious part brings me to my biggest (well actually it isn't the biggest) pet peeve. Loud Cell Phone Talkers. Seriously, just like smells travel quickly through an airplane, so do sounds. People do not want to listen to you talk on your phone. Trust me, the people around you are rolling their eyes to high heavens. I especially hate it when your conversation is so important that while boarding you must continue talking. You hit 6 people in the head with your suitcase, and then hold up the entire process! Just keep it down...



I have many more, but you are probably sick of reading. .

4 comments:

The Hake Family said...

This one had me laughing out loud - good lessons to live by!

Amy said...

Mallie is funny!!

I use those blankets and I always wonder why in the world I'm using one. I did get my own airplane blanket from Vincent several years ago when I was flying a couple times ever month. I love that blanket... when I remember it now.

Mom said...

Amen!! I think you should of kept on going.. I will be looking for future lessons from our own flight attendant.

Ruth said...

Hilarious! And, i wasn't sick of reading...post more!!