Sunday, November 30, 2008

Advent Jesse Tree

Donna gave us this gift over the weekend. It is a small Christmas tree. In the tins are individual ornaments that she made and wrapped. On the first day you open one and read a devotional, some Bible verses, and sing and pray together as a family. We went ahead and started tonight, because we will be gone tomorrow. Day 1 is a globe, symbolizing God's creation. I had never heard of anything like this, but always loved having Advent Calandars as a kid. This will be even more fun for Gates (and for us). It will give us time each day to celebrate Christmas, and the meaning behind the holiday.


3 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

I love that! What a great idea. :)

Holly said...

I was just reading about how to make a Jesse tree and then I clicked on your blog! How ironic!! I think this is a wonderful tradition, and I'm so glad y'all will have that for years to come!

Mommy of Two said...

I love this idea!