Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Today, Gates and I went grocery shopping at Super Walmart for some things we needed for our trip this weekend. We got our basket full of stuff, and we paid (yes, this time I remembered my wallet). I go out to the car, and Lo, and behold...my car keys are inside the locked car... along with my cell phone. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If you know me, you know I am impatient, and also a worrier, and a bit of a crazy person. So, I freaked. I went to the phone with Gates and my groceries and called my mom collect (the only # I know by heart, and can also call collect)... Mom, my hero calls Brandon, my other hero. I am not sure what is happening, so I go to customer service and tell them what has occured and ask for help, maybe someone in auto has a slim jim???????? "no, we can't help" "Next" Boo on the Customer service people in the walmart in Grapevine!!!! I then hiked it over to auto where I found a young man willing to help me break into my car. 30 minutes later Gates is asleep in my arms (thank God, I had her in a hooded sweater) and the guy is working away. He makes me swear never to tell anyone that he can do this.... I will therefore, not identify this wonderful young man. My car started clicking and honking and I said "yippie you got it" Then I realized it was Brandon (hero) who had gone home got the spare clicker, and was clicking away at the car! Gates finished her nap on the way home, and I will never ever try to grocery shop again alone............. :)

4 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Awww Mal - that's awful. I'm sorry you had a rough day!

Katie said...

I went to the store today for milk and OJ and got everything but milk and OJ. Not as bad I know, but I'm not a good grocier either!

Prazaks said...

You poor thing! That is the worst feeling! There must be a full moon or something tonight because I also went to the store today and forgot my entire purse. Walked up to check out and nothing. Ughhhh! What is wrong with us? I blame it on mommy brain :)

Diane said...

Mallie:

This is Ruth's mom.....enroll in AAA...they will come out and unlock your car for you...at no charge. Only issue is that you have to have access to a phone to call them. Ruth's sister Brooke uses AAA a few times a year to unlock her car...I've used them for dead battery 2-3 times. I wouldn't be without AAA.

PS---Gates is so cute! All of you playdate Moms have really sweet babies!