Thursday, October 23, 2008

If I Only Had a Brain

So, I was sitting there yesterday in my living room and the phone rang.
me: "hello"
lady: "Mrs. Oakley, this is ____ from the Utility Company."
hmmmmmmmmmm
lady: "we got your check today, but you forgot to fill it in."

I was told that I can just go to the drive-thru (yes, who knew they had this feature)
On my way to the drive thru water office, I stopped to buy gasoline. I was sitting in the back behind the driver seat next to Gates. Well, it began to rain, so I shut the door. I did not want her to get all wet. The gas thing clicks off, and I go to exit my car... CHILD LOCK.
I am pretty sure the man next to me was thinking I was strange when I climbed over my kid's carseat and thru the frontseat to get out of the car...

5 comments:

Mom said...

LOL woops. Somedays are just like that you have the check but forgot to fill it in. When I was in my early 20's I sent in my income tax with a sticky note saying "please fill in". They did and I got money back!

Meggan and Trent said...

Mommy brain strikes again. If I had a dollar for everything I have blamed on mommy brain the past 8 months I would be rich.

The Hake Family said...

All I can say is...priceless.

Ruth said...

Yep, you have the Mommy Brain! It won't be the last silly thing you do! :)

The Hake Family said...

If it makes you feel better, the other day someone parked too close to me on the driver side to get K or me in the car, so I went to the other side, loaded her up, and then climbed into the front.