Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OK, have you ever been around strangely obnoxious people? I should probably not even post this, but these people do not read my blog or even know I do have a blog. These people (even after dining with me) probably do not even know I exist.
I am always up for meeting new folks and I am up for seeing how people interact with one another. So, we had my parents, Gates, and me (Brandon stayed home because he had met these people once before and decided not to go.) We had the father, daughter and mother. The daughter was close to my age.
I guess these folks are quite rich, (she inherited 20 million when an uncle died) but money can not buy class, nor manners, nor taste. These people were out there. It was indeed interesting and needless to say my parents and I had plenty to talk about on our way home.
It just got me thinking about people and money and manners and mannerisms and actions. Do people think that money excuses rude behavior? Do people think that talking about money makes them look good? Does it?
I really wish I could have heard what they said on their way home about my parents and me. Maybe I am being too hard on these people. Our host and connector is very good friends with these folks. I am sure that they have many nice qualities. Humble, reserved, polite, and kind are not among them.

** sidenote, by posting this, I do realize that I am appearing VERY polite and kind... humble and reserved too!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Mallie you always let me have a good giggle. NO money does not buy anything at all. I work (not at AA) with some very wealthy people and I am always supprised by them, or more so by their kids. You know more about these adults by the way their kids respect things or people. Old money, new money people show you who they truly are quite quickly. Lots of money just moves the process along at a higher rate.

Mom said...

p.s. Love the new page.

Katie said...

Really wish you had recorded the evening so I could listen!

Mallie&Brandon said...

The one woman, instead of introducing herself to me, came up and said.. and I quote, "who are you"