Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter


Today, Brandon and I went over to my parent's house. We went to dinner and then to church for Easter Vigil. During communion, as my family was kneeling at the altar receiving the Body and Blood, something really neat happened. The priest gave me my bread, and then bent down and gave Gates a blessing. This really hit a chord with me and I started crying. Tears were literally rolling down my cheeks. I was very touched and this simple prayer not only comforted me, but made me realize that I am currently part of a miracle. Not all miracles are as large as resurrection and opened tombs. My baby, my daughter, is a miracle and I am being used by God to help bring her into this world.
When I looked up after taking communion and the blessing, I noticed that on one side of me was my mom crying, and on the other side of me was Brandon. Brandon was also crying. It was a wonderful Easter moment for all of us to share. Thanks to Fr. Smith, for that simple prayer really meant a lot to all of us!

6 comments:

Holly said...

That is beautiful. I'm so happy that you got to share such a precious moment not only surrounded by your loving family and this sweet baby that's on the way, but also surrounded by the love, blessings and presence of God. You are definitely part of a miracle, one of His very best!! :) Love you!!

Ruth said...

Mallie, this is beautiful, and I am teary as well!! You are right, the miracle of life is amazing, and you and your family are blessed to be a witness to it!

The Hake Family said...

Such a sweet and wonderful moment! I'm getting all teary again and I heard this story yesterday!! : )

shelle said...

What a special moment! It is obvious that Gates is coming to a world filled with love. Glad you had a wonderful Easter.

Mommy of Two said...

That is so sweet and touching. You will find you that you will see many miracles in Gates. She will find happiness in such simple things like the wind and rain. The pure innocence and curiousity of a child brings a whole new meaning to life.

Amy said...

Just another reminder that you have nothing to be worried about. Gates has been lifted into His hands and all will be wonderful. Gates is a true blessing for all who get to share in your special time now and in the future.