Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh What a Night






Last night was perfect. Now, let me try and describe it to you.




Brandon and I were invited to dinner in Frisco at our friend's (the Hakes) house. We were to be there at 7:30 for a last prebaby dinner. We arrive at their house and ring the doorbell at 7:30.
Jennifer (another of our very good friends) opens the door and welcomes us. She says our reservation is ready and takes us to the dining room table where it is set with beautiful china and crystal and candles. Set for two. I must interject here and say that when I saw the "hostess" I began crying. However, so did the "hostess"

Jennifer sat us at this beautiful table and gave us our menus. She told us our waiter would be right with us, and then she disappeared. A few moments later Mark, our waiter and another dear friend, came out, apron and all. I had talked to Mark on my way to Frisco, and he told me he was going to a Gay Red Raiders meeting. Looking back, I thought that was kind of fishy... :)

With Mark, was our sommelier (I am not sure on spelling of this fancy word). This was Jon. Jon brought out a bottle of wine, with a hand-made label reading The Gates of Heaven made by the Oakley Vineyard.... (FYI, more tears)...

Brandon and I ate our spectacular dinner of, baby back ribs, baby chicken bites, baby carrots, baby spinach salad, baby potatoes, baby shrimp dip, and baby sausage bites! YUMMY. It was all very elegant and very tastey.

Jenny put a sheet up over her kitchen, so we could not see anything that was going on inside. After we were finished eating, our waiter informed us that we would be having company for dessert. Alas, our wonderful friends came to the table and had chocolate cake with us! Now, a proper toast to you four special friends.....



Thank you friends, a special four
Our night was perfect from opening the door!!!

How perfect a night, and special you ALL are,
For your restaurant & our evening were both 5 STAR!!!!!!


So to our chef, hostess, waiter, and sommelier: Thank you so much, you are all truly wonderful people and friends. Our little daughter is going to be so lucky to have all of you in her life (Keelan too)....




4 comments:

Ruth said...

OH MY! What a wonderful thing to do!! I am crying over here at the special friends you have in your life! What a truly special evening and awesome way to spend your "last dinner"! You are very blessed!

Holly said...

How sweet!! What a fun and cute idea! I'm so happy that you and Brandon were treated to such a special time. I'm sure getting excited more and more each day for you!
Love you,
Holly

Amy said...

That sounds wonderful!!

Mommy of Two said...

That was so sweet! It was good seeing you and Brandon today.