Sunday, May 18, 2008

Being a mom can be CONFUSING!!!

There have been several times where I am at a loss of what the heck something is, does, or how it goes...
The first time was way back when I was newly pregnant and at a friend's baby shower. Some of those gifts might as well have been from the moon! I mean what is a bulb syringe for? What is and how do you work a bottle sterilizer?? (Basically, it is a covered bowl that you stick in the microwave and heat up your bottles... one of the many things I wish I invented)
So, the other day I took my first outing to a store with Gates. I parked next to the cart return so that I could get a cart and get her all settled in... Well, this sounds easier than it actually is! I get her carrier and I have it all settled in to the top part of the cart, however she does not seem too secure, so I just kind of hold on to the cart and the carrier... Thank God I was at Babies R Us and once I went in I saw a seasoned mother and her cart, carrier perfectly in place. So, I sneak off to an aisle where there are no other people and fix my carrier, we continued to shop without the risk of serious injury!!
I must admit I am learning a lot and next time I am at a baby shower where I have to guess what the baby equipment is, maybe I will get more than just diaper right!!!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

The shopping cart thing was confusing to me, too. And, I have a feeling that we will be learning about being mom's as long as we ARE moms! I learned today not to keep a can of Fresca on the coffee table now that Callie is pulling up. (those tiny hands can knock things over really fast!)

The Hake Family said...

What's funny is I go to baby showers now and think you shouldn't be worrying about onesies and swings - you should be preparing for battle : )

Amy said...

I love how you went and hid to fix the car seat in the basket.