Monday, May 19, 2008

I just fed Gates. Tonight is her first night in her own room, and I am a bit nervous. She is doing pretty good though and seems happy enough. I was just reading this blog about this baby that never woke up from her nap, now I am scared to leave Gates alone in her room. What a nightmare that would be. Can you imagine? That would be the worst nightmare in the world. My heart is going out to her parents and also to the guy (on another blog) whose wife died after giving birth to their daughter. His blog is all about him raising his daughter alone. Man, these people are strong. As you all know, I am a worrier, so I will probably be tired tomorrow b/c I might just stand above the crib to make sure Gates is okay. I do know if I died Brandon would do a GREAT job raising our daughter. I also know that he would have endless support and help. I am off to bed now (or to stand watch) Goodnight!

Update:
Gates did GREAT on her own last night! She woke up to eat at 3:30 and then slept until almost 8:30! She likes it in there.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Why do you read stuff like that??? Read about the happy baby that slept through the night all alone in her crib and all the sleep her mommy and daddy got.

Ruth said...

Congratulations on getting through the first night!

Holly said...

So totally my fault!! FYI...I have taken those sad blog links OFF of my blog so you can't read them anymore...sorry! But you've got to get all of the sleep you can...not lay awake worrying about death. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Mallie, I've been reading the Logelin blog too. I'm addicted to it!
Sorry I missed you this morning :(