Friday, May 23, 2008

We had a most fabulous playdate. I am so glad that Gates has some friends. I am even more glad that I have some friends that get what is going on in my life! How selfish of me, right? I am so pumped that we get to have another get together in June!
I just went to James Avery and visited. I picked up some engraving that was done. I also knocked a gift out of the way for my sister in law who is graduating high school (not from JA, just in case she is reading) Now, I need a gift for a dude that is graduating from HS and heading to A&M (God bless his soul). Any ideas for a boy grad gift? I also need some 1 year old birthday gifts. Any ideas on that? Maybe some books?
It has been six weeks (almost) since I gave birth, time to start dieting. I am not too concerned with my weight, but I would like to fit into my clothes. I mean I can not afford to buy an entire new wardrobe. Maybe someone will sign me up for What Not To Wear as a mom who let herself go. :) You know, my cousin's wife went on that show, her students nominated her...
I am sooo pumped about the holiday weekend. 3 days of baby help from baby daddy! We are going to Granbury Monday so Gates can meet her great uncle and great aunt. Brandon is going to play golf with the old men. I think that is pretty much all we have going on.

My grandfather, SoftHair, is back in the hospital, keep him in your prayers please. I was so looking forward to introducing him to Gates today, but he has an infection and I did not think I should expose her to it. I hope he gets well soon, so I can take her to Paris to meet him. I know meeting her will cheer him up. Afterall, they have the same hair style...
Gates's hairstyle.
Soft Hair's hairstyle. I call him that b/c he has always had a buzz and it was soft and I liked to rub his hair when I was tiny...

"Nobody puts baby in the corner" hence the sad look.



Keelan thinks this is funny!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Boy Gift--- Laundry bag and basket, industrial size detergent/fabric softener, and lots of quarters.

shelle said...

I remember visiting Paris with you when we were young. Softhair looks good and he is in my prayers. Don't worry too much about people thinking Gates was a boy...Vanna was in all pink and people still asked if she was a boy or girl...it happens when they are that young.