Friday, February 15, 2008

8 years of pure joy..... HA

I hope everyone had a GREAT Valentine's Day! I sure do miss the days of making a little bag/box and delivering valentines to people! I hope they still do that today. Do they? Is this wonderful little holiday still around in our schools? Or is it like Halloween? Two of my favorite things as a kid were trick-or-treating, and then the Valentine party at school!!!!

I returned to work yesterday(after being sick), and yesterday marked my 8th year anniversary with American Airlines. I got to see my friend and former roommate at the airport and it was our anniversary as friends too! We lived together in a little, messy, hotel room for 6 1/2 weeks during F/A training, and then we went off to Boston!!! She is now in LA with the famous people, and I am in Dallas with the Texans..... Texans are much less crazy! It seems like those 8 years went by fast. I can not believe all of the experiences that I have had over the last 8 years that I never would have had if I never became a flight attendant. I always see these f/as that have been flying for 35 or 40 years and wonder how (or why) they still fly..... They probably feel like that time has flown by too, I guess!!!!!

2 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Congrats Mal!

Amy said...

Oh yes Valentine's Day is still celebrated in the elementary schools. Thanksgiving and Valentine's are the only holidays left that still get to use their real names. Halloween isn't even mentioned.

I personally never really like the parties at school. I hated filling out those cards and trying to figure out which cards I could and couldn't give to what boys.