Friday, February 22, 2008

I love my support person.

Well, last night we had our very first childbirth class! It was very comforting to know hear some of the other soon-to-be mothers and their stories! I was comforted to know there are other moms that are still throwing up! I had completely stopped during the 2nd trimester, but that lovely feeling has returned, and possibly it is worse... It probably is not worse, but it feels worse....
The class was really neat, and we learned some interesting breathing tricks. The teacher was funny and really stressed what an important role the "support person" has! He has to make sure that the lady is relaxed and feeling good. Brandon looked a little nervous when she was explaining some of the labor signs and symptoms!
We had to go around the room and say what the best part of being pregnant was and what was the worst part. For me, the worst part is being sick and uncomfortable. The best part is that we are going to have a baby, and people are extra nice to me!! Brandon almost made me cry right there in front of everyone... His best part is the change that has come over me the last 7 months and how happy I have been.. (really I did not know I appeared all that happy :) ) His worst part is daily ice cream runs, and daily back rubs. The teacher told him that he would have a head start with all that practice and that would ease the labor. He said, what the ice cream???? badabing Brandon! always the jokester.

Today, I went to the doctor. I am 32 weeks pregnant, and everything looks good. My blood pressure was higher than ever before, but it is still normal. I think we have decided on a pediatrician and now all I need is some sort of nanny... Any nannys out there???

No comments: