Sunday, February 10, 2008

Showered with Love!


Barbara, Sandy, Mom, and Leta!
Yesterday was my first ever baby shower! Three of my mom's wonderful friends hosted a lovely shower for me and my baby. I am a big believer in celebrating people's special times and sharing important milestones with your friends. I must say that after yesterday I felt so loved and so lucky to have so many people in my life to share such milestones. As any mom (or pregnant lady) will say, these are such emotional times and we will take all of the support we can get!!!




I love hearing the stories of the new moms and the advice that they can offer. Jenny and Katie (both new moms) told me that when someone brags about how great something is.... They are not telling the truth!!!!! This is in reference to these seemingly perfect moms that have seemingly perfect little infants (you know who you are, and your cover is blown!!!) The other piece of information that they passed along, is that I just need to expect the first 3 months to be tough. So, I am preparing, as best I can, for the baby's arrival and trying not to get too overwhelmed. Now, this is hard for me and I have already cried 2 times today, but I am making more of an effort to NOT freak out....



Mallie and Jenny, This is a very good person to have in your corner on the mommy front.






Holly and Mallie, Thanks for the little blanket!!!












1 comment:

Amy said...

You have to send me that picture of us.