Monday, February 18, 2008

Waiting in anticipation

I am waiting, and anticipating all sorts of things about Gates. I can not wait to meet her and hold her and see what she is all about. I think that there is another member of our little family that is anxious about her arrival as well.

This is our dog, (1 of 2) Scrabble. Every second she gets, she goes in the baby's room and checks it out. I hope she is just sniffing around and getting familiar, and not urinating and marking her territory! It does seem to me that she knows something is going on. She acts so funny whenever we go in that room. The other dog, Duncan, is less anxious. I think he is going to really do well with the baby, and I pray everyday that Gates is already used to his loud, loud bark!

2 comments:

The Hake Family said...

Duke peed front and center after I cleaned the carpets in our nursery - it happens. Our vet told us the best thing you can do is let them be in there and sniff around. Making them feel left out of that space supposedly inspires them to tear it up.

Meggan and Trent said...

Do you remember Landry's band Christian rock band from last season? Crucifictorious? That is what the shirt is...:)