Saturday, June 28, 2008

Carol and the Copperhead....

My mom got bitten by a copperhead last night around midnight and spent the night in the emergency room. At midnight, you might think.... Well, if you know my mom then the fact that she was getting something out of the flower bed to use as a centerpiece will not suprise you. Of course the get together they had going tonight is canceled, and her foot is swollen, and they spent the night in the ER. My dad left me a message this morning, and I knew something was wrong... The doctor said that she would be okay. They went the the hospital in Granbury, and my dad assures me they will go to the doctor in Arlington on Monday.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I hope your mom is okay! (although I have to laugh a little about her picking flowers at midnight :) )

The Hake Family said...

Holy cow!! Poor Carol - I'm sure she was scared. I'm glad she is ok.

Amy said...

That is CRAZY. I'll have to think about what she goes through the next time I am admiring her center pieces. Tell her to get well!!

Holly said...

Oh no!! So sad to hear this news. Did she see the snake or was it a sneak up snake? I bet that was terrifying either way!

Sydney said...

Ummmm.... did I read that right? She got bit by a copperhead? How does this happen? Yikes! Hope she is better!

shelle said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad she is okay.